Four Core Doctrines
We believe the 4 Core of Doctrines that play important roles in reaching the lost and building the believer.
Salvation is deliverance from spiritual death and enslavement by sin. God provides salvation for all who believe and accept His free offer of forgiveness. Mankind’s only hope of redemption from the fallen sinful state is through the blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son-blood that was shed as Jesus died on the cross.
- We believe… The Scriptures are Inspired by God to us. So we seek…to understand and obey its truth.
- We believe…There is one God who is three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). So we yearn…to know Him in all of His complexity and beauty.
- We believe…Jesus is fully God and fully human. So we rejoice…that Christ can be a bridge between God and us.
- We believe…people, throughout history, have sinned against God. So we are…deeply aware that we too are marked by willful disobedience.
- Luke 24:47
- John 3:3,16,17
- Romans 8:16
- Romans 10:13-15
- Ephesians 2:8,9
- Ephesians 4:24
- Titus 2:11-12
- Titus 3:5-7
The Baptism in the Holy Spirit
All believers are entitled to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and therefore should expect and seek the promise of the Father. With the experience comes the provision of power for victorious Christian living and productive service. It also provides believers with specific spiritual gifts for more effective ministry. The baptism of Christians in the Holy Spirit is accompanied by the initial physical sign of speaking in other tongues (unlearned languages) as the Spirit of God gives them audible expression.
- We believe…God extends forgiveness to us through Christ. So we repent…and rejoice in our forgiveness.
- We believe…God commands his followers to celebrate communion and baptism. So we practice… these symbolic actions, reflecting on their significance.
- We believe…follower of Jesus Christ must be empowered by the Holy Spirit. So we expect…supernatural power in our daily lives.
- We believe…the mark of surrender to the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues. So we pray…that God would grant us this supernatural gift.
- Luke 24:49
- Acts 1:4,8
- Acts 2:4
- Acts 8:12-17
- Acts 10:44-46
- Acts 11:14-16
- Acts 15:7-9
- 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
- We believe…God offers freedom from sin’s grasp. So we live…lives that are pleasing to God.
- We believe…The Church has a mission to seek and save all who lost in sin. So we live…in this community of faith, inviting others to join us.
- We believe…God gives leaders as gifts to His Church. So we serve…those whom the Lord entrusts to us.
- We believe…that God can heal both the body and the heart. So we pray…with faith and hope.
- Isaiah 53:4-5
- Matthew 8:16,17
- James 5:14-16
The Second Coming of Christ
All Christians who have died will one day rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air. Christians who have not yet died will be raptured or caught up with them, to be with the Lord. Then Christians of all ages will live with God forever. The scriptural truth of the Lord’s soon return is “the blessed hope”.
- We believe…Jesus will return to claim His Church. So we live…in expectancy of his coming.
- We believe…Christ will one day be seen clearly as King on earth. So we live…as citizens of His Kingdom now.
- We believe…God is the ultimate Judge. So we live…knowing that our choices will echo through eternity.
- We believe… we will live with God forever. So we live…with hope regardless of our circumstances.
- Romans 8:23
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-52
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- Titus 2:13